Monday 17 May 2010

First of all let me introduce myself and the purpose of this blog. I am a 30 year old male currently living in Edinburgh, Scotland and have a passion for punting on various sports. I have a BA in English, and have always wanted to forge a career within the betting industry as a journalist. After reading the website created by ATR presenter Sean Boyce(which can be found at boyciesbettingblog.com), I was inspired to produce my own site. Sean comments on his own blog that the best way to get into this field is to start creating a portfolio of work to showcase to potential employers. I will concentrate on my favourite sports: horse racing, greyhound racing, football and golf. There will also be occasional forays into novelty markets.
Feel free to leave comments on this blog regarding either my punting stories, tips or any opportunities regarding sports journalism you might want to make be aware of! I plan to update this blog several times a week, and at the end of the year forward it on to various media outlets such as the Racing Post, ATR & Oddschecker in the hope of landing my dream job. I want to thank Sean Boyce for inspiring me to create this, and in doing so take the first tentative steps to turning them into a reality. Anyway, lets get this show on the road as they say....

No comments:

Post a Comment